Fried Wonton Roses

by

I was looking for a unique appetiser recipe and came across these fried wonton roses by Hungry Happenings. I was worried about how fiddly they would be (very) but they were great fun to make.


If you're interested in making them for yourself, I would recommend giving Hungry Happenings a visit as she's done a fantastic tutorial that I don't think I would be able to do justice with! 

I substituted her artichoke cream cheese filling with a more traditional chopped prawn mix that I lightly seasoned with sesame oil, soy sauce and pepper. I didn't use a cooking thermometer to check the oil temperature as I don't own one so if you're in the same boat as me, I would recommend to try and not overheat your oil as my  second batch cooked a little too quickly and the neck of the roses didn't quite cook through.

I'm actually quite proud of these, although I wasn't at the time as they were taking so long to make. I was even told they were the best tasting wontons ever tasted!